Nadia's loom is now operational (we spent quite a few hours setting it up, with texsolv cords and full countermarch tie-up, following Dot's precious advice). Then, since I had my camera with me, I couldn't resist taking some pics around her house - I really like her style! The throw was woven with wool leftovers, then assembled with old silk ties.
Here are my skeins after a little more than a month of sun (more or less!) in the jars. Two developed mould - and a not so nice odour - but after a wash and a rinse in lukewarm water with a bit of detergent the skeins were ok. The colour is subtly variegated, I think it would be nice for a scarf.
Of course the cotton towel didn't pick up as much dye as the wool/silk blend. No mordant added. This experiment was fun, and apart from my impatience (I checked the jars every other day...) I want to try again with some other plant!