Thursday, November 12, 2009

completed

I've finished the first shawl-scarf. It's really light and soft but definitely warm.
As warp I used some llama yarn in natural colour, and although llama is not famous for being very soft, this yarn proved me wrong, especially after I washed it. I used it before and it gets better with use, as it gets more supple and soft.
The weft is my precious merino-silk blend dyed with walnut.
I wove it in plain weave, as I wanted to emphasize the yarn rather than the fabric structure.

I am already fanning out my sketches on the table for the next one!






8 comments:

Joanne said...

This is a truly beautiful piece. Thanks for your blog, I enjoy visiting it frequently.

Margreet said...

Oh it will be super soft with all that nice yarn that you have used. Wishing I could feel it! I love the design.

sampling said...

It is absoluting stunning! And such an interesting shape, like origami.

Anonymous said...

quanti commenti di ammirazione.. in effetti è proprio venuto bene, brava. ma la modella?? dovè? lo voglio vedere indossato... immagino che amore sul manichino, hihihihi
baci carola

Donatella said...

Carola, sei il solito mostro! In effetti la modella, che doveva essere mia sorella si fa desiderare, e sul manichino color beige decisamente non stava granchè bene...comunque lo sto provando in questi giorni, lo metto come sciarpa e poi addosso, tiene caldissimo!

Donatella said...

Thank you all! The design is really simple, but effective - I've been wearing it these days and it's really comfy. My sister already asked me for one...

matilda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nicoletta said...

Doni, è venuto benissimo! Ma è per alte o anche per nanette come me? Baci, Ni