This is what the new palette was about -a recent thrift find. I really like the shape of this chair, and even if I am not particularly fond of the colour, I thought I would keep it like this anyway.
I wanted the seat cover to have a geometric pattern, but not too evident, to suit the colour of the frame and obviously to resist normal wear and tear. The choice was a diamond twill, and as weft I used a skein of wool unevenly dyed with cochineal, so that subtle stripes would show. I slightly fulled it after weaving, so as to make it firmer, and suitable for upholstery.
Once finished comes the best part - the photo session! I realized how difficult it is to take decent pictures of handwoven fabrics, how the real colours are difficult to capture, even in natural light, and I am slowly learning - trial and error - what looks good and what doesn't. And never ever without a trypod!